MN Madden League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MN Madden League

PS3 Madden 2010 League

Week 8 Score Tracker --- Jets 17 Dolphins 7 --- Lions xx Rams xx --- Cowboys xx Seahawks xx --- Packers 3 Vikings 17 --- Bills 21 Texans 10 --- Ravens 17 Broncos 7 --- Colts 10 49ers 21 --- Bears xx Browns xx --- Chargers 7 Raiders 24 --- Titans 27 Jaguars 21 --- Eagles 14 Giants 28 --- Cardinals 7 Panthers 57 --- Saints 17 Falcons 35 ---

2 posters

Philadelphia Eagles

Tha1cmoney
    Tha1cmoney

Philadelphia Eagles Empty Philadelphia Eagles

Post  Tha1cmoney Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:45 pm

He is certainly one of the smartest players I've gone against. He started out very slow when I was putting pressure on but quick adjustments changed the game greatly. He went to the wildcat formation and THREW over the top for 60 yds with clinton portis (great play). He also tried to utilize darren mcfadden whether it be in the running game or in the flats. He is also a dangerous return man.

He made it very difficult to throw the ball and played very strong in the zone. VY is not the most accurate of passers so it was very difficult to move the ball through the air. I hit the edges a couple of times with Parker but he made the necessary adjustments and began shutting me down. If you have a strong running back you might be effective but passing will be difficult.

It was a very hard fought game and I just happened to have the ball last. A very good opponent who will do extremely well in this league.
    FOURTHnBOWL
    FOURTHnBOWL

Philadelphia Eagles Empty Re: Philadelphia Eagles

Post  FOURTHnBOWL Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:30 am

The above report is accurate...however, the Eagles have a great Defense, period. I could not establish the run game, in or out. I did have some success thru the air, but it was minimal gains. Great speed with his OLBs, so sweeps, pitches, etc. are tough, unless you have someone who is fast, like CJ. I did have success attacking his safeties in the seams with my slot WR and TEs. He s a great tackler as well, making you go on long drives to score.

His offense is a struggle, mainly due to a simple lack of talent. Russell is very inaccurate, and his WRs aren't the best, so his passing game is a little weak. He likes to look over the middle on crossing routes and deep posts, but will also look to McFadden out in the flats. He likes to try and run McFadden on the outside, but if you make stopping the run your priority, I don't think Russell will beat you on a regular basis, and you should be able to minimize the damage.

He ran the wildcat once. McFadden is his return man, so be careful. He was especially good returning punts.

Overall, it was a great NFC East battle. Great game Eagles, and I m looking forward to the rematch.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:40 am