MN Madden League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MN Madden League

PS3 Madden 2010 League

Week 8 Score Tracker --- Jets 17 Dolphins 7 --- Lions xx Rams xx --- Cowboys xx Seahawks xx --- Packers 3 Vikings 17 --- Bills 21 Texans 10 --- Ravens 17 Broncos 7 --- Colts 10 49ers 21 --- Bears xx Browns xx --- Chargers 7 Raiders 24 --- Titans 27 Jaguars 21 --- Eagles 14 Giants 28 --- Cardinals 7 Panthers 57 --- Saints 17 Falcons 35 ---

+2
foigras58
emunsteriii
6 posters

Rules to play by

emunsteriii
    emunsteriii
    Admin

Rules to play by Empty Rules to play by

Post  emunsteriii Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:30 am

Game Play Rules
    --------------------

A. No glitching. Period. This includes, but is not limited to nano blitzes, moving D-Line players prior to the snap (other than the use of L1 to slide/spread/pinch the line), etc.

B. No cheesing. Cheesing means running the same 1-4 plays over and over again because they take advantage of weaknesses in the game's AI.

C. QB motion and bootlegs are fine, but using mobile QB's and rolling out every play is not okay. Even Michael Vick doesn't bootleg out and heave bombs down the sideline every play, because eventually the defense would just start killing him every time he stepped out of the pocket. Unfortunately, even with advanced games like Madden 10, the CPU is still not self-aware or intelligent enough to adapt to this, leaving the player on defense at a disadvantage. You are not disallowed from using a mobile quarterback's abilities to your advantage, but do not make it excessive. Use your best judgment. This goes along with rule B, no cheesing.

D. 4th Downs:
    - You may go for it on 4th down if you are winning but it has to be within 3 yards of the 1st down. And has to be in the 2nd half. (Please do not abuse, only if necessary.)
    - If you are losing, you may go for it on 4th down at any time, at your own risk.
    -Lets try and make this a sim league, you know when going for it on 4th is realistic and when its not.

E. Do not accept delay of game penalties on 1st down. These are caused by a glitch with the clock in Madden, and are completely unfair to the person on offense.

F. Do not run up the score. If you're up by 21+ points in the 2nd half, then you are expected to play conservative football for the remainder of the game unless your opponent pulls within 14 points of a tie. This means running the ball on 1st and 2nd down, throwing short/medium passes on 3rd down if necessary in order to maintain possession, move the chains and keep the clock rolling down. Do NOT abuse your fellow league members by running up the score!

G. Remember the golden rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Show good sportsmanship. Remember that you're not playing against the CPU. Be respectful, be nice, be merciful if you're really killing them. Stats are NOT important when compared to sportsmanship.

H. Onside kicks can not be kicked until the 4th quarter and you MUST BE LOSING.

I. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO FOR A 2 POINT CONVERSION IF YOU ARE WINNING UNLESS THE 2 POINTS MAKES IT A THREE POINT GAME, OR A 7 POINT GAME. That is final.

J. Things happen in the game that we can't explain in regards to losing connection. This can sometimes cause problems for both teams that are facing each other. Therefore, I have set a rule. If you happen to lose connection and the opponent that you are facing is down by 7 or less points, you will have to restart the game. If you are up more than 7 points and your opponent loses connection, you can continue to finish the game. (if by any means that you think your opponent "lost connection because you have the ball up by 7 with 2 min left to go in the game, you can finish the game) I hope everyone understands this. I know that this isn't fun on either ends. ALSO IF THIS BECOMES A HABIT WITH SOMEONE LOSING A CONNECTION DURING THE GAME, YOU WILL BE ON GROUNDS FOR DISMISSAL. If you are winning the game and happen to lose connection, the other MUST RESTART THE GAME.

K. No trading with computer owned teams. There is a flaw in the system.

L. We all have phones, front doors, pets, wives, children, etc that sometimes require immediate attention at inconvenient times. If you are forced to pause the game and need more than 3 minutes to restart, make sure to hit your "PS" button, go to the messaging system and send your opponent a message thru the Playstation Network telling them you need to hold the game for a few minutes. When you return, message your opponent again to let them know you are back. Wait for their response acknowledging you have returned, then resume the game.

If someone pauses the game during play, do NOT hit the Resume Game button until you see the 30 second timer in the upper right corner, or 3 minutes have passed, whichever comes first. Your opponent should message you thru the PSN in the event that they need more than 3 minutes to handle whatever has caused them to need to pause.

Last edited by emunsteriii on Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    foigras58
    foigras58

Rules to play by Empty Re: Rules to play by

Post  foigras58 Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:25 pm

What about f@g D? So are nanos not allowed at all (just wondering cause nanos seem like a grey area)? I'll follow whatever rulles apply, just need a little clarity. Thanks.
    emunsteriii
    emunsteriii
    Admin

Post  emunsteriii Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:39 pm

No nano blitzing, i think its ridiculous. If the computer brings a guy up naturally or if you think you know where a guy is going to run i have no problem with bringing a guy up but people can tell if you are intentionally nano'ing.
    foigras58
    foigras58

Post  foigras58 Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:25 pm

ok, i guess what i was asking his what is your exact definition of nano blitzing, since there seems to be a lot of different opinions of what it is. are we not allowed to move LB's in A,B, or C gaps? I wanna play sim as much as possible and overloading a certain area with blitzers happens in every NFL game. Just wanna understand the rules before we begin. What about f@g D? Don't mean to be annoying, just curious.
    ACEFABO
    ACEFABO

Post  ACEFABO Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:48 pm

IMO, if you show blitz than that brings your LBs up to the line into gaps. That along with OL and LB shifts should be enough.
    THE-Re-TaRdEd1
    THE-Re-TaRdEd1

Post  THE-Re-TaRdEd1 Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:26 am

i play as a DE and will move to inside and outside shades on the tackle depending on what i expect the player to do... (i did this when i played high school and college DE would shift depending on formation and down and distance) you state when can not move DL enless we shift.

so my question is if im controlling the player and only just move to shade differnt with my DE is this legal?
    emunsteriii
    emunsteriii
    Admin

Post  emunsteriii Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:16 am

you can move DE's no problem... the nano blitz in my opinion is a blitz formation where the LB's get to the QB before he can even hand the ball off to the HB... if it happens thats fine but if you start cheezing and do it 4-5 times a drive its taking advantage of a glitch in the game and total BS. I totally get the A B gap blitz part, the offense should be audibleing away from the run in that case anyhow, but if the QB cant even react, and its done over and over... you will get called out on it.
    saastar
    saastar

Rules to play by Empty might as well make a rule on 4th down

Post  saastar Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:41 pm

saying on 4th down u have to punt if your winning or not winning in the 1st half and in the 2nd only if ur losing can u go for it on 4th down.. bc im sorry but i cant judge whats realistic.. i have seen nfl games where a team was winning and did go for it on 4th downs in the 1st half and also went for it in 2nd half if they were winning... to keep position of the ball or to help increase the lead if its not by much.. plus every game i have every played on madden since i played madden all the way from madden on super nintendo until now no matter what the 4ht down was weather its a 4th and 1 or 2 or 4th and 20 plus yards i wont punt.. im going to now since its the rule and i didnt read the rules before the game.. im just saying..
    foigras58
    foigras58

Post  foigras58 Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:41 pm

I love my 4th and 20 play.
    InimicalMaven
    InimicalMaven

Post  InimicalMaven Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:49 pm

saastar wrote:saying on 4th down u have to punt if your winning or not winning in the 1st half and in the 2nd only if ur losing can u go for it on 4th down.. bc im sorry but i cant judge whats realistic.. i have seen nfl games where a team was winning and did go for it on 4th downs in the 1st half and also went for it in 2nd half if they were winning... to keep position of the ball or to help increase the lead if its not by much.. plus every game i have every played on madden since i played madden all the way from madden on super nintendo until now no matter what the 4ht down was weather its a 4th and 1 or 2 or 4th and 20 plus yards i wont punt.. im going to now since its the rule and i didnt read the rules before the game.. im just saying..

YOU NEVER PUNT..... wow, when do i play you?!?!?!? LOL. j/k.
    saastar
    saastar

Rules to play by Empty im the colts so i dont know if u do play me

Post  saastar Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:48 pm

but unless im like defending the ball on the 5 or 10 yard line of mine then i dont like to punt mainly bc i can usually pick up the yardage or get almost there and be a yard short.. but its ok i will start punting since we have to.. but no biggy..
    emunsteriii
    emunsteriii
    Admin

Post  emunsteriii Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:54 pm

yeah but if you get almost there you are still screwed, unless i am missing something.
    saastar
    saastar

Rules to play by Empty kinda

Post  saastar Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:14 pm

well usually if its 4th and 20 im on my own 30 i havent been inside my 20 to often so i pick up about 19 yards which is not really screwed to me bc one sack they are own their side of the field so i aint worried about it..
    InimicalMaven
    InimicalMaven

Post  InimicalMaven Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:38 pm

emunsteriii wrote:yeah but if you get almost there you are still screwed, unless i am missing something.
    LOL...
    InimicalMaven
    InimicalMaven

Post  InimicalMaven Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:44 pm

Just a heads up.... Bonions does direct RB snaps... but not to set up other plays... I'd keep an eye on that though.
    emunsteriii
    emunsteriii
    Admin

Post  emunsteriii Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:13 pm

thanks for the heads up.... one or two a game is alright but i dont want to see more than that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content